The Research Achivement award not given in 2020.
This award recognizes a program faculty member who has made extraordinary contributions to research and scholarly work related to PA education; therefore, it may not be awarded annually.
Nominees will be evaluated on two or more of the following areas:
- Scholarship that is distinguished
- Distinguished: published in peer-reviewed journals, high-impact books or book chapters, high-quality conference presentations or proceedings, or equivalent work to PA education literature that is influential on a national level
- Scholarship that is sustained over time or is seminal
- Sustained: ongoing contributions over time that result in a substantial body of work about PA education, the profession and other related topics
- Seminal: original, fundamentally new ideas that are course-changing
- New knowledge or a significant extension of existing knowledge to PA education
- New knowledge: original work that may be limited or broad in its application
- Extension of existing knowledge: addition of facts, evidence, or interpretation to existing published topics
- Applicability of scholarship to a broad range of PA programs
- Applicable: usable by PA programs in varied geographic and academic settings, and with varied instructional frameworks
Requirements and materials
- Employed at least half-time at the time of nomination (0.5 FTE) at a PAEA member program and for a minimum of three cumulative years in PA education. All years do not have to be at the same program.
RECORD OF CONTRIBUTIONS TO PA EDUCATION
- A list of scholarly contributions to PA education or indication of a recent seminal work of importance to PA education must be included in the nominee’s CV
- Nomination letter describing in detail how the award criteria were met, including evidence of performance above and beyond the nominee’s job description
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
- Two letters of support addressing the author’s first-hand knowledge of the nominee with relation to two or more of the award criteria
- Complimentary 2020 Education Forum registration
- Crystal award
- Check for $500
- Recognition at the Education Forum Awards Ceremony