PAEA Faculty & Staff Awards provide national recognition for accomplishments in PA education. Each recipient receives $500, a crystal award, and complimentary registration to the annual PAEA Education Forum. The most prestigious award, the Lifetime Achievement Award, includes additional benefits. Please see each award category for details.
Nomination and supporting material submission
When is the deadline for all materials?
- The submission deadline for all materials, including nomination letters, letters of support, CVs, and resumes for all awards, except Lifetime Achievement is 5:00 p.m. ET on March 30. The deadline for Lifetime Achievement award nominations and materials is 5:00 p.m. ET on June 30.
Will you accept materials after the deadline?
- In extenuating circumstances, some supporting materials may be accepted after the deadline on a case-by-case basis. Please contact awards@PAEAonline.org to discuss your submission to determine whether or not it will be accepted after the deadline. Under no circumstances will new submissions of nominations be accepted after the deadline. Please see each award’s criteria for more information about supporting materials.
Who can nominate?
- Faculty, staff, and administration from all member programs are encouraged to submit nominations. Current PAEA Board members, Awards & Honors Review Committee members (with the exception of the Excellence Through Diversity Award), and students cannot nominate.
Can I nominate a candidate outside of my current PA program?
- Yes, when nominating, please consider candidates both inside and outside your current PA program.
Can I nominate myself?
- No, self-nomination is not acceptable for any of the award categories.
Which category is most appropriate for my candidate?
- If you have any questions about which category might be the most appropriate for your nominee, please contact awards@PAEAonline.org.
How many nomination forms can I submit?
- There is no limit on the number of candidates you may nominate.
Can someone be nominated for more than one award?
- Yes, the same person may be nominated for multiple awards if the nominee meets the criteria for multiple categories.
What documents do you need for nomination?
- Please see each award category for specific details.
Can I save the nomination and return to complete it later?
- No, there is no option to partially save an electronic nomination and return to complete it later. Before beginning a nomination, please have on hand all information required, including the nomination letter, contact information for the writers of the letters of support, and the nominee’s CV.
How do I know my electronic nomination or letter of support was received?
- Once a nomination form or letter of support is submitted, a copy of the form will be emailed to you as confirmation. If you do not receive this email, please contact awards@PAEAonline.org.
Can I submit nominations via email, or do I have to use the electronic nominations form?
- Nominations will ONLY be accepted via the electronic nominations form. If you would like to submit additional letters of support (more than five), please submit them directly to awards@PAEAonline.org. Hard-copy forms and letters will NOT be accepted. If you are having issues submitting your application online, please contact awards@PAEAonline.org.
Letter of support submission
How do I submit a letter of support?
- If you have coordinated with the nominator to submit a letter of support, the nominator will list your email address on the electronic nomination form. When this form is completed, you will receive an automated email with a link to the letter of support submission form. If you did not receive the link to the form or would like to send an additional letter, please contact awards@PAEAonline.org.
How many letters of support may be submitted per candidate?
- See the criteria for each award for the minimum number of letters of support required. Please note: providing additional letters above the minimum will not increase a candidate’s chances of receiving the award.
Who can submit a letter of support?
- Faculty, staff, and administration from all member programs (including voting members, institutional colleagues, and individual colleagues) are encouraged to submit letters of support, with the exception of the following:
- PAEA Board members, Awards & Honors Review Committee members (except for the Excellence Through Diversity Award) may not submit letters of support.
- Current undergraduate students cannot submit letters of support, but graduate students may.
- Non-members can submit a letter of support, but at least one letter must be from a PAEA member. Both letters should be from people who are aware of the award and the professional setting.
Can non-PAEA members be nominated for any of the award categories?
- Yes, non-PAEA members can be nominated for the following award categories:
- Partnership Award: Nominees should, however, be associated with a PAEA member program.
- Article of the Year Award: The primary author should be a PAEA member (although this is not a requirement), but supporting authors need not be.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Nominees can be former PAEA members, and candidates can also be nominated posthumously.
Evaluation and selection process
Who decides the recipients?
- The PAEA Awards & Honors Review Committee determines the award recipients. The committee is currently comprised of eight PA educators who are dedicated to identifying and recognizing the outstanding contributions within PA education.
How are the recipients evaluated?
- The committee uses a standardized scoring rubric that correlates with the outlined award criteria to evaluate and score each nomination. The committee reviews the compiled scores and reaches a consensus for the official determination.
Are all awards given out each year?
- No, each award is not necessarily given out annually. PAEA’s Awards & Honors Committee carefully reviews the nominations for each of the 11 categories and selects a recipient when the submitted materials closely align with the award criteria.
Can someone receive the same award more than once?
- Yes. There is no policy that prohibits someone from receiving the same award multiple times, though the committee does take this into consideration when evaluating nominations. (For example, a nominee who was awarded the Article of the Year Award one year may not be nominated again using the same article.)
TIMELINE OF AWARDS PROCESS
- Awards open: February 5 – March 30 (– June 30 for Lifetime Achievement Award)
- Selection process: April 2 – 30 (July 2 – 31 for Lifetime Achievement Award submissions)
- Final recipients selected: April 30 (July 31 for Lifetime Achievement awardee)
- Awards & Recognition ceremony: TBD, during the 2018 PAEA Education Forum in Anaheim, California
OVERVIEW OF AWARD CATEGORIES
PAEA offers 11 awards and one joint AAPA/PAEA award for a total of 12 categories.
- Article of the Year Award
- Research Achievement Award
- Excellence through Diversity Award
- Clinical Coordination Award
- Partnership Award
- Preceptor of the Year (AAPA/PAEA Award)
- Administrative Support Staff Award
- New Faculty Award for Professional Excellence Award
- Rising Star Award
- Master Faculty Award Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award Award
- Leadership Development Award
Please contact awards@PAEAonline.org with questions regarding the awards or the submission process.