2020 Award Recipient
Susan Fernandes, Stanford University School of Medicine
This award recognizes an individual who develops future leaders among faculty by demonstrating exceptional leadership.
Please note that this is not a leadership award, but rather a leadership mentor award.
The deadline to submit nominations is May 20.
Nominees must demonstrate substantial contributions in three out of four of the following areas:
- Innovation and creativity that:
- Leads to new and/or improved processes
- Brings a unique perspective to relationships
- Serves as an advocate and guide for professional development
- Encourages, develops, and inspires professional service
- Listens actively
- Solicits feedback and input
- Seeks to understand before being understood
- Provides constructive criticism that leads to growth and development
- Leads by example:
- Serves as a role model to faculty colleagues
- Demonstrates collaborative spirit
- Employed at least half-time at the time of nomination (0.5 FTE) at a PAEA member program and for a minimum of three cumulative years in PA education. All years do not have to be at the same program.
- Nomination letter describing in detail how the award criteria were met, including evidence of performance above and beyond the nominee’s job description
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
- Two letters of support addressing the author’s first-hand knowledge of the nominee with relation to three out of the four award criteria
- Nominee’s complete CV or resume
- Complimentary 2020 PAEA Education Forum registration
- Crystal award
- Check for $500
- Recognition at the Education Forum Awards Ceremony