This award recognizes an individual who develops future leaders among faculty by demonstrating exceptional leadership.
Please note that this is not a leadership award, but rather a leadership mentor award.
The deadline to submit nominations is May 20.
Nominees must demonstrate substantial contributions in three out of four of the following areas:
- Innovation and creativity that:
- Leads to new and/or improved processes
- Brings a unique perspective to relationships
- Serves as an advocate and guide for professional development
- Encourages, develops, and inspires professional service
- Listens actively
- Solicits feedback and input
- Seeks to understand before being understood
- Provides constructive criticism that leads to growth and development
- Leads by example:
- Serves as a role model to faculty colleagues
- Demonstrates collaborative spirit
- Employed at least half-time at the time of nomination (0.5 FTE) at a PAEA member program and for a minimum of three cumulative years in PA education. All years do not have to be at the same program.
- Nomination letter describing in detail how the award criteria were met, including evidence of performance above and beyond the nominee’s job description
LETTERS OF SUPPORT
- Two letters of support addressing the author’s first-hand knowledge of the nominee with relation to three out of the four award criteria
- Nominee’s complete CV or resume
- Complimentary 2020 PAEA Education Forum registration
- Crystal award
- Check for $500
- Recognition at the Education Forum Awards Ceremony
2019 Award Recipient
Donna Agnew, Salus University